Monday, November 12, 2018

San Francisco....

Landon made a self portrait of him dressed in Josie's Ninja outfit.
Tuesday I had a consultation with the Plastic surgeon who will do my reconstruction. They showed me all my options, Saline, Silicone, and one silicone tear drop implant that has a texture that could possibly give you lymphoma! When I have my double Mastectomy the Plastic surgeon will place the expanders...kind of like empty implants... in at the time of  surgery. I will have drain tubes coming out  on both sides for about 2 weeks. Over the course of a month or two they slowly fill my expanders until I get to be as big as I would like to be. Kind of like a try before you buy scenario. Once I achieve the size I am comfortable with they go in and place the final implants. The plastic surgeon's office was way more refreshing than the oncologist and everyone had really nice boobs and no wrinkles!

My consult went well. The Plastic surgery coordinates with the breast surgeon and they said they would call me with a surgery date. In the meantime....we had a trip planned to SanFrancisco to visit Luke's brother and his family. They live just north of downtown in a city called Corte Madera. It's a really cool area. We arrived on time and were ready to go...But due to the wildfires in California, they shut down one of the runway's in San Fran so we had an hour delay due to low visibility.

Right as we got word there was a delay, it started to snow in Spokane....

 We sat on the tarmac for 45 minutes while they had to de ice our plane...

 It turned the wing green...


 Smith, Landon's cousin set up a tent in the back yard for the boys to sleep in...He even put chairs and a dvd player so they could watch movies before bed.



Saturday morning the boys went to play basketball.
 and pose on a Naked lady?!
 Meanwhile the girls went for a walk to have coffee:)
 The San Fran Buoy's just got a new labradoodle puppy named Cash.
It was pretty smoky on saturday so the kids just hung out and played at the house with the boys while Lisa and I took out on a long walk along the water.


 It was pretty quiet out, being that it was so smoky. You couldn't see the city.


 Cash taking a nap:)

 Josie inherited my post hot tub hives genetics...Usually after I go in a hot tub my body breaks out into full body hives....Same thing happened to Josie!
 That evening we walked to dinner and enjoyed some relaxing downtime. At the end of the day I was a little congested...I checked my fit bit and realized we had walked over 12 miles outside in the smoke that day...oops.
Sunday the smoke was not as bad. We headed downtown and went to Alcatraz.














 The Morgue..
 The intake showers...
 They have a headphone guided tour....










 The city was visible...but not super clear due to the smoke.

 The fake head in the cell where the prisoner escaped.





 We came back to the city and had lunch.


We wanted to get some pics in front of the golden gate bridge. It was really busy with no parking, so Scott dropped us off for some photo's and then came back and picked us up:)






We came home and walked down the road for some frozen yogurt. They have orange flags that you take with you when you walk across the street and wave so you don't get hit by a car.


We woke up this morning and headed home.
This was a great trip and it was nice to get my mind off of all that is about to happen. Wednesday I have a pre op appointment for my mastectomy. Thursday I am having a surgery to sample my sentinel lymph nodes. It is under general anesthesia, but only a 30 minute procedure. They will make sure the cancer has not spread to my lymph nodes. Next Monday I have my plastic surgery pre op and then Wednesday, the day before thanksgiving is my double mastectomy. Check in is 5:30am, so I am 1st in line! Luke will be able to be home with me for 4 days through the thanksgiving weekend which will be nice. I'm scared, no, terrified, but I know I will be ok.....

No comments: