This was one of the coloring books that came in my basket:)
they wrote sticky notes on most of the items. this one is on the dry shampoo...Did you poop today?...so far the answer is NO...
My smooth move tea...
My check in time was scheduled at 7:30am on Wednesday. For some reason, I wasn't as scared or worried about this surgery. I had a weird sense of calm..It was probably the drugs I was on, but whatever it was, I was not too worried. I had a line of drugs all ready for me. We checked in and they gave me a 4-5 page paper that was like a living will. There were a lot questions, but when I got to the question that asked 'what would your last words be to your children be?' I started crying and put the paper away in my purse.
My new slippers came in handy.
checking in...
Before surgery!
We have some friends that work at the hospital, so they came by and said Hi before I went it. Before surgery they put the bear hug warmer on me. It's like a big inflatable heated floaty...
No one can ever find my veins for an IV. I'm proud to say I still haven't passed out from getting one! I'm on a roll.
When you have lymph nodes taken out they are not allowed to put in an IV or take a BP on that side of your body. So No Venipuncture must mean, don't do anything on this side.
My friend Crystal saw me before surgery and After. This was after my surgery. I was feeling pretty groggy.
I woke up with 2 IV's because 1 just wasn't enough I guess:)
Me, On drugs...feeling like I just conquered the world:)
They put these things on your legs that squeeze them and help you from getting blood clots.
I woke up with 4 drain tubes coming out of my sides. 2 on each side. They have to be emptied 3 times a day.
This was the view out of my hospital room....Luke went home to take care of the kids and I had a pretty good night at the hospital. I still had a low grade fever, but I guess that is normal after surgery because your body is fighting infection. My BP slowly came back up too.
Luke and the kids came to pick me up thanksgiving morning. Josie has been my shadow and wouldn't leave my side all day. She rubbed my feet with essential oils and got me water, food and anything I needed. She even helps luke change my drains.
Luke has been an amazing nurse. He has to empty my drains and then measure how much comes out of them 3 times a day. He even sets his alarm for 2;30am to give me my pain meds. I have a really handy shirt with drain tube holders in the inside so that is helpful.
I get full service breakfast lunch and dinner here.
I had to laugh at the back of my puzzle book that my office bought me was a life alert ad!
Rudy and Carli came down on Friday and we had thanksgiving a day late. I have been doing better than I thought I would with getting around, so I was able to sit at the table and eat like a normal person.
an attempt at a group photo...I look like a homeless person in this picture, but It's still a memory I will have of thanksgiving 2018!
I have received flowers from several people.
Landon playing with Jaxs after dinner.
It snowed a bunch that night.
In the bedroom Luke has my meds, gloves and drain tube log all set up.
I might gain some weight after this is all over...My friend delivered Bundt cakes on Saturday! My favorite.
Luke and the kids decorated our tree.
Josie decorated her cat.
Landon likes to put the tree topper on.
Sunday I took a shower for the first time. My friend gave me this bag you wear around your neck when you shower. It holds your drain bags...Showering went well. I'm able to use my arms way more than I thought I would.
The snow brightened things up a bit.
Saturday my breathing became really shallow and I was having a hard time getting in enough air. Luke took me to the urgent care and they gave me an albuterol treatment for my lungs. All my vitals were good. The dr. said sometimes after surgery your lung function can get messed up from laying around and not being active. She sent me home with an inhaler, but so far my breathing has improved and I haven't needed to use it. Overall I am feeling good. I haven't pooped since wednesday which is starting to be irritating. I'm taking every 'make you poop' medicine under the sun and still nothing. I'm trying to heed the nurses warning that I will feel ok, but don't let it fool you, stay still. I had a friend visit me yesterday for a few hours and after she left I felt like I ran a marathon...Just sitting up and talking took a lot of energy. My meal train starts tonight so we will be eating well for the next couple of weeks. My friend Andrea is arriving today to hang with me for the week. My chest is tight where they placed the expanders and it feel really weird. I have no feeling on my boobs...I guess they call them Foobs until you get you real implants;) They are lumpy and tight. I will call the Plastic surgeons office to see when I need to come in. I am hoping by the end of the week I can have my drains taken out! that's all the update I have for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment