While I was at the conference I was looking at my fingernails and noticed a white horizontal line that went across all my nails. I googled it and it turns out it is from chemo.
I have been trying to regrow my hair and at the same time I have to keep lotion on my chest so that the radiation doesn't dry the skin out. I have Latisse for my eyelashes, I use a hair conditioning spray and I also bought some nioxin for my scalp. I have been taking biotene and collagen, plus 3 different types of lotions for my skin. The dr. recommended a cream with calendula in it. It comes from a marigold plant and has healing properties.So far radiation is quick and easy. I have a total of 28 treatments. I did 4 last week and just had one today. I go in and put a gown on. Then they take me back and the machine gets all lined up to my settings. They have me lay on my back with my arms above my head and then the machine hits me with the radiation for about 17 seconds on each side of the breast. It's really fast and painless. I was really tired last week but I think it was maybe the leftover chemo in my body. I do notice that I get tired way quicker than I normally do.
Saturday I took Josie to a local barn where they give lessons. They were having an open house so we went to meet the owner and see the facility. It is a Hunter/Jumper barn so they do jumping and dressage. Josie is very excited to start taking lessons. There is a dress code so we are headed tonight to get some stuff for her to ride.
Josie's friend Isabel's family bought a baking supply store and had an open house. We went and decorated cookies and snacked on all the yummy treats that they had.
The Easter bunny came Saturday night.
The kids like it when I hide Easter eggs around the house. Landon's were little football eggs.
Josie's were colorful.
The weather turned out to be really nice. We decided to go mountain biking. Landon has really taken to it and loves it. We just bought Josie a new bike so it was the first ride of the season for her and me.
I struggled. I haven't been doing very much cardio so it felt like my heart was going to explode out of my chest halfway up the hill. I enjoyed going downhill a bit more than the uphill.
We rode up to this old broken down cabin. when I took a picture of it a rainbow turned up in the picture.
we came home, did some yard work and dyed easter eggs.
then the kids went and jumped on our neighbors trampoline.
Josie got to mow the lawn for the first time. There is a safety feature on the lawn mower that if you stand up or get off the seat the blades stop turning. Josie has always been too light and the seat doesn't think anyone is sitting in it...so she finally weighs enough to mow!
The school called this morning and said that landon jumped on a soccer ball during music and movement class and fell backwards. He hit the back of his head on concrete and the nurse was worried he might have a concussion. So I went and picked him up from school. He seems to be fine and I'm sure he will be headed back to school tomorrow. I go back to work tomorrow. I am looking forward to having a schedule and a routine in my life again, but am nervous about remembering all the computer stuff and the detailed things we are supposed to do with our patients. I know I will remember how to clean teeth...it's all the other stuff I worry about. I went back to my Barre class today too. This is my 'get back to normal' week. Hoping it goes smoothly!
No comments:
Post a Comment