She did really well on her pillow.
My friend Andrea sent me flowers for being done with chemo!
I didn't feel great but wanted to head to the mountain so we could ski on Tuesday. I packed up and drove the kids up Monday night. After chemo, every day seems to be a little bit better than the day before so I was hoping that I would feel good on Tuesday. It was a beautiful sunny day. I took one run with the kids and thought I was going to pass out. I had no energy and could barely function. I ended up sitting outside on a bench in the sun while the kids went skiing with each other. Landon even put his own ski boots on...He usually complains and has to have someone help him. I took a picture for proof.
Josie took a really long video of her brother jumping off a cornice at the top of the mountain. I tried to screen shot some of the video, but it didn't turn out very good. Landon is the little orange helmet at the top of the cornice.
By Tuesday afternoon I felt a little better so we headed into the town of Sandpoint. It is the town at the base of the mountain. We picked up Josie's friend Grace and went to dinner. Grace spent the night with us and we went skiing on Wednesday. I was feeling a lot better on Wednesday.
This sums up our week:)
Landon likes to jump
Josie had fun and painted a lamb face.
It turned out pretty good!
Landon mid air...
Josie's team during the race last weekend.
Thursday we took a break from skiing. Josie had spent the night at a friends condo and then had a girls day in town with them. Landon got invited to go swimming at the resort pool, so I was left alone for a while. There is a lady who owns the condo above us who has been going through breast cancer. She is in her late 60's and has a different type of cancer than I do but still did chemo and she just finished radiation. Her husband dropped off this note on his way out to go skiing. I ended up hanging out with her for a couple of hours trading chemo and surgery stories.
Meanwhile, in town...Josie's friend was having a haircut so the hairdresser curled Josie and Graces hair too.
Thursday afternoon we went to see the new Dumbo movie. It was pretty good. Josie said she cried 6 times.
The theater in Sandpoint is very small.
Friday we woke up to pouring rain. Josie ended up going over to a friends condo to hang out for the day. I took Landon up to the village to hang out. We did a scavenger hunt, played some games and got a drink.
Friday night Luke came up and we went to a friends house for dinner. This was the last weekend of Schweitzer being open for skiing. Saturday we didn't ski. There were a bunch of activities in the village. They had a duck derby where you pay to pick up ducks in the village and if you pick a duck with a winning number, you win a prize. Here are Josie, Halle, Landon and Campbell.
Josie had a winning duck! She won a Schweitzer hat.
They had pond skimming that afternoon. It is where people ski down the mountain and try to ski over a pond. Landon wanted to do it but I vetoed it due to not wanting to take care of him if he didn't make it across the whole pond and got soaking wet. Josie and some of her ski team watching the event.
2 of Josie's friends did it. People usually dress up or wear costumes.
This guy wore a speedo
Josie went with her friend to go swimming. It was snowing really hard.
Today we woke up and it had snowed a few inches overnight. We headed out to ski one last time for the season. Schweitzer has an old, slow, long lift called Snow Ghost. They are tearing it down and building a faster high speed lift this summer. We met up with some friends and went to ride it one last time. The snow had turned to rain, it was cold and foggy...but we rode Snow Ghost and said goodbye to it. Halle, Josie, Landon and Z.
My friend took a pic of me and Josie on the lift. The bad thing about Snow Ghost is that it takes a long time to get to the top. But I have had long, deep conversations with friends and the kids on this lift. I won't miss the long ride, but the conversations will be missed.
Me and Josie..riding Snow Ghost for the last time!
By the time we got to the top everyone was soaked. We all went into the lodge and hung out or a while before taking one last run and saying goodbye to the season. I didn't get to ski much of it, but had fun on the days I was able to. I'm looking forward to next season! This week the kids are back to school and I have my appointment with the radiology oncologist. I will find out when I start radiation and for exactly how long I will have to have it. Friday I get my port out! I can hardly wait!! Things are looking up!
No comments:
Post a Comment