Landon
Last week we had parent teacher conferences. Josie's conference was student led. She is getting straight A's and was excited to tell us all about school and show us her locker. Landon's conference was not student led but he got great reviews from his teacher. He has really improved in his math and school work in general since the fall. His teacher said he was a great student and was pleased with his progress.
We have been trying out the whole meal delivery process. We tried Blue Apron, last week we tried Plated, and this week is everyplate.com. You choose what meals you want and they deliver all the ingredients and a recipe card for each meal that tells you how to make it. So far the meals have been pretty good.
These were the meals we had.
The box has ice packs in it to keep the food cold.
It was delicious.
The kids gecko's are growing and are becoming pretty tame.
Random pic of Josie with some of her ski team.
I have been counting down the days until my last chemo. I have a cheesy cat calendar in the laundry room that I have been marking off day by day.It was the first time I have been excited for chemo. I was so happy to know that it was my last one. I have to put numbing cream on my port an hour before they access it. I won't miss that.
My nurse knows that I always like a window seat...so I didn't even ask and she let me have a window seat even though It's not where they had me scheduled to sit.
8 chemo infusions down!! There was a guy there who was also completing his chemo journey...Although he had completed 116 infusions! I felt bad complaining about having to have 8!
One of my 'cancer friends' who is also going through chemo was joking with me about what kind of bell I would get to ring..She said 'is it the kind of bell you ring at the post office to get service?' When I got there I saw that kind of bell and it made me laugh:) It is not the bell you ring, but it was still sitting there on the counter.
This is the real bell. I was really hoping for a bell with a big rope that you could ring the heck out of...but this one worked just as well.
I had my last bag of Ritz Bits...I don't think I will ever want to eat these again. They will always remind me of chemo.
This is Lanie, She was my chemo nurse for almost all of my infusions. She was there on my first day of chemo when I was having a panic attack crying and scared to death. It was a much different experience for my last infusion.
My chemo bell....
I rang the bell!! and it felt great!
After I came home from chemo we loaded up the truck and headed for the mountain. But first we stopped at krispy kreme. Apparently you get a free glazed donut for every A you have on your report card.
Josie got 6 donuts.
The kids had their last home series race on saturday. I felt good enough to go and it was a nice sunny day. The last race is really laid back so Josie wrote on her face and wore a tutu.
Me, Carli and Lisa
Landon at the top of the course.
Lila wore bunny ears:)
Landon in line to race.
Me and Josie. I didn't feel great, so I just hung out at the top of the course and watched from there.
Josie's and her coach...coach Travis.
Josie in her tutu at the starting gate.
Josie's last GS race...
Josie and her friend Ellie..
Landon really wanted to place in the top 10 and he placed 8th. Yes. that is a banana on the podium:)
Josie placed 10th.
I woke up this morning and realized that I had probably done too much yesterday. I felt like I had been hit by a truck. No energy and the bone pain is back with a vengeance. I was hoping I would sail through with this last round, But I think I overdid it yesterday. I am planing on heading back up to the mountain tomorrow for spring break with the kids. It all depends on how I feel tomorrow. Josie is taking a sewing class at Jo Ann's fabric tomorrow and then I will see how I feel. Hoping today was the worst of the days...but I can never tell. Next week I will meet with my radiology oncologist and get all set up for radiation. Then on the 12th, next friday I will get my port out! I can't wait for that. It is so gross feeling and it rubs on my seatbelt in the car. I'm assuming I will start radiation that following week. I am so excited to be done with chemo...I just want to start feeling 'normal' again.
No comments:
Post a Comment