Monday, March 18, 2019

Ski racing finals...and round 7!!

Friday was round 7 of my chemo. They give me the premeds of benadryl, pepcid and some anti nausea drug...The cocktail always makes me fall asleep for a little while. I get to my appt around 8am and don't end up leaving until around 1 or so. I forgot to post a pic of me skiing with the kids..It felt great to be able to ski with them. I can't keep up and they do runs I am not about to try in my fragile chemo state, but fun was had by all.
 I swear my hair is starting to fill in a little bit....It feels a little 'thicker' down by the base of my neck...I have been taking collagen and spraying some hair product stuff on my scalp that promotes hair growth.technically I shouldn't start growing hair until I'm all done with the last round, but I'm doing whatever I can to speed up the process!
 I feel like a true chemo patient in this picture...I didn't wear any hair and just had on my beanie...round 7 in the books!
After I finished up my infusion Luke picked me up and he grabbed me a sandwich on the way home. I read a book about what foods you should be eating and it didn't list any of the snack foods they have at the chemo ward... But...these Ritz bits crackers are amazing:)
 Landon had his science fair at school Friday. The 2nd graders do collections, so he did a hot wheel collection. After my chemo i went home and laid down while luke went to the school to see landon's project.
 When the kids got home from school we picked up Rudy and Lila and headed for Wallace Idaho. This was the ski racing finals weekend at lookout pass. Normally we stay at the wallace inn, but it is a mad house with all the kids running up and down the halls and the swimming pool is always about 100 kids jumping and splashing in and out of it. It's fun, but we decided to rent a vrbo this year instead. It was way more mellow and even came with a hot tub.
 Friday night we met up with some friends and had pizza.
The Pizza place had a machine that you could grab toys with an arm. The kids spend most of the evening pulling stuffed animals out of the toy machine. 
 Not sure what we are going to do with all the stuffed animals!
 The house came with a really cool hot tub, so the kids enjoyed playing in it friday night.
 We woke up at 5:30am to get loaded and up to the mountain. The weather turned out great, we were actually hot watching the races. Julie and I taking a selfie:)
 This was the last EEYSL race for Josie. She is not going to continue on racing. She will do what is called the freeride program next year. They ski powder all day, not gates, and they do competitions around the northwest to see how well they can ski the powder with the best technique, line and speed. She is pretty excited about it. It was sad to know we won't be cheering her on at these types of races anymore, but we are excited to see where the next ski chapter takes her. She is a 2nd year U12 so next year she would be U14. That is when they travel to bachelor, mt hood, sun valley and all across the pacific northwest. It is a big commitment and very expensive so we are not that sad she doesn't want to do the U14 route. Her brother still has 3 years left before he has to make a decision on what road he will take. Either way, they are amazing skiers and will always be better than me on the slopes.
Josie has been practicing her slolam racing skills for several years. The really fast girls actually hit the gates when they race. I have never seen Josie hit the gates. Well, on Saturday she hit almost all of the gates! It slowed her down a lot because she is not used to doing it, but I was so proud of her for trying! Here is a video of her hitting gates. 

Saturday night we headed back to our vrbo and had dinner and went to bed early. I was pretty tired from all the socializing and hiking up and down the hill to watch the kids race. The kids went in the hot tub and we went to bed. Sunday was a GS race. The weather was once again amazing. there is a big hill right outside the lodge that the kids like to slide down.




 Mason, Landon and Charlie
 These girls were making an ice sculpture out of mini shot glasses on the side of the race course. It was st patricks day so they were wearing green wigs.
 Landon sliding down the hill.

 The kids did great. No top ten finishes the weekend for them, but Landon came really close. Our team won the overall points trophy so all the kids get to take a picture with it. That is Landon being a goofball in the front row laying on his side:)
We stopped for some dinner and then didn't get home until almost 9 last night. I was and am completely exhausted. I went to bed as soon as we got home. I had a blood draw this morning to see how my cells are doing being that I didn't give myself the shot. They are really low, but not low enough to need a shot yet. I will have my blood checked on Wednesday and Friday to make sure the cells are cooperating. Other than just feeling like I have no energy and having some achyness, I'm doing pretty good. I think I will rest up this week so I can enjoy next week before I get my last chemo treatment!!

No comments: