Saturday I felt pretty good so I headed up to the lodge to watch the kids compete in the Banked Slalom race. Schweitzer puts this race on every year and the kids love it. They get a bunch of swag and have a lot of fun. You can see the course from the lodge, so for the first time this year I was able to watch the kids race. Here is Landon and his friend Mason before the race. They got hats when they registered.
My friend took a picture of some of the kiddo's at the top of the course.
Landon and Josie were in 1st place after their 1st runs. The do 2 runs and then take the best time out of the 2 runs. It is different than normal races. Usually they take the combined times of 2 runs. Josie took a video of Landon starting at the top. I love how she is cheering him on.
Randomly Josie and her friend Ellie tied for 1st place. The best part was that they had the fastest times overall. They beat all the boys! Josie won some goggles too.
So proud of these kiddos. Even better that I was able to be there to watch it all.
I had a bunch of friends join me on my maiden ski outing.
Me and my friend Lisa
I was even able to hang out in the lodge for lunch with my friends and family.
I took a matching head picture with our friend Jeff.
I missed this...
Luke and our other friend Jeff. They have always been snowboarders but have been learning how to ski.
I can't even say how good it felt to be out skiing and hanging with our friends this weekend. The best part was being there to watch the kids race. I'm hoping it stays this way throughout the last 2 treatments. The dr's keep telling me I'm going to be tired and not feel good, but I'm doing my best to prove them wrong!
No comments:
Post a Comment