Monday, March 4, 2019

Round 6

After my last chemo I had my blood work checked and my white blood cells were super high. I guess this different type of chemo is not as hard on my body as the red devil so my white cells are not dipping as low as before. When My white blood cell shot goes off and gives me extra white blood cells, it causes my bone marrow to work extra hard and causes pain. So that is why I was having so much pain after the last round. By wednesday It was better, but it is no fun feeling super achy and being in pain. The good news is that because my white blood cells are so high I can be around people now! I felt like I had been released from jail. I went to lunch with a friend and walked around the mall.
 My co worker and friend Jaelyn had preeclampsia and had to be on bed rest and was hanging out at home so I went to visit her. We took this picture and sent it to the office. 2 of our 4 hygienists are not working until June. Not the picture our bosses probably wanted to see:)
 I saw an ad in a magazine where if you filled out some info they send your kids a care package. It came in a backpack. I call it the 'my mom had cancer package'.

 Last friday Josie's friend had a birthday party. They went to a cake decorating place and learned how to decorate cupcakes. Josie is standing on a stool...she is not that tall:)
 She made dinosaur cupcakes for her brother and mine had breast cancer symbols on them.

There were no races that weekend, Luke took a pic of Landon waiting in line for lunch at the lodge. Landon has been fighting us on getting a haircut for almost a month...today is the day:)
 The snow is blocking our view at the condo..It's really deep.
I felt good enough to go snowshoeing with some friends last sunday.
 Me and Amy. Amy and I have the same breast surgeon and plastic surgeon. She tested positive for the genetic gene that means you have a high probability of getting breast cancer so she had a double mastectomy to prevent breast cancer. Her daughter is on Josie's ski team.
 Me and Melissa
We set a record for the 2nd snowiest february ever. Our road rarely gets plowed and the wind keeps blowing it shut. The bus didn't come down our road for a week. I had to drive the kids to a different pick up location. The county finally plowed it, but only made it one car length wide.
 The snow plow took out our mailbox.
Friday was round 6 of chemo. Luke dropped me off on the way to work. These treatments are longer than the other ones. Once they hook me up to the chemo it's a 3 hour infusion. That doesn't include the benedryl and anti nausea stuff that they give me prior to the chemo. So I get really tired and drift in and out of consciousness. I had a friend stop by and visit me but I barely remember her coming in to say hi. The benadryl knocks me out.

 They have a snacks in the chemo area. Nothing super healthy but these are delicious.
I came home and then we headed for the mountain. I was tired, but made it to the mountain and relaxed on the couch. The kids had a home series race on Saturday. No one took any pictures but the kids had fun. I felt good enough to head up to the lodge and hang out and watch awards. It felt good to be a part of society:) My insurance changed in January and my dr's office didn't catch it until a week ago but it doesn't cover my white blood cell shot. Apparently it costs $5000 per shot, so I had to go with a different type of drug. Now I give myself a shot daily for 7 days in a row instead of just one big shot the day after chemo. I stopped to pick up my shots...it came in a huge bag. 
 I have never given myself a shot before...I give other people shots in the mouth all the time but it is really different to give one to yourself. I give it to myself in the stomach. I gave myself the shot and by Sunday morning my body was aching so bad and I had charlie horses just like before. I guess it's better than being nauseous and super tired, but still, it's no fun. Only 2 more infusions left...I'm counting down the days.
Josie saw a thing on TV where you can nominate one of your teachers for teacher of the month, so she wrote a letter for her homeroom teacher Mrs. Mega.

I also found a classic Nintendo game that has 30 games on it. I have been reliving my childhood and impressing my kids on playing super mario brothers:)
I have been trying to stay busy to make the day's go by faster but it's hard. I wore my wig to the grocery store today, but I'm still not a fan. One side effect of chemo is a runny nose...and when you don't have nose hairs there is nothing to slow down the running of snot. My dr. said I could try flonase, but it doesn't really help. Last week Luke and I celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary. We went to Red Lobster and went dishwasher shopping because our dishwasher broke. No pictures were taken...I've been bad at taking pics lately. Well, on to another week...hoping the time goes by quickly...I'm ready to be done with Chemo! 

No comments: