Thursday, November 21, 2019

My New Boob Surgery...

Last week Joey finally got his cone off. He his healing well and back to his old self.
 The Barre studio that I go to did a pink week celebration for me and they had a donation box. It was really nice of everyone and I was very thankful.
 They also bought me a plant.
 The school is having a mother/son Dance this coming friday. I told Landon that I wasn't sure how I would be feeling after my surgery so I didn't think I would be able to go. Instead we decided to go on a date. So friday evening Landon and I went and saw the Adams Family and went out to dinner. It was nice to have it be just the two of us. I love our conversations.
Last weekend Luke was up working on the condo. Josie went to Priest Lake with her friend Isabel and Landon had a sleepover birthday party. I was home all by myself, which was strange. I decided to be as productive as I could, knowing that I might not be able to do much after surgery for a while. I repainted the Guest bedroom and tried to spruce it up a bit. I didn't take a before picture, but it was a tan color with wood end tables. I spray painted the end tables and bought some new bedding. I still need to get some wall decor and some new window coverings, but It felt good to get something done.
Landon went to Triple play for a birthday. They have all sorts of games and activities. My friend sent me this picture and said that Landon was not a fan of the virtual reality game where scary things jump out at you....It's hard to see, but Landon is the only one with his legs up and his face in his lap:)

My surgery was Monday morning. I checked in at 6:30 am. No one from the surgery center called to tell me what time to be there. Thankfully, I had my surgeons personal cell phone number from the last surgery I had and I asked her. I'm glad I still had her number  otherwise I would never have known what time to be there!
I think I have a drug for everything! An antibiotic, one for nerve pain, one for general pain, 2 for nausea and a scrub to use before surgery.

We showed up at 6:30 and they gave me a gown and the socks with tread on them. My hair is very 'marge simpson' when I don't style it:)
This picture looks like I am holding my pregnant belly...Not sure what I was doing:)
They put in my IV and then gave me some Versed. Versed helps relax you and it also causes short term memory loss. Here I am before surgery. This was the first surgery I was actually excited about.
I thought I just shut my eyes for a second and looked up at the clock. I noticed that the clock said 10:30. I then asked when I was going to have surgery and they told me it was over and time to go home! It was the strangest thing. So they wheeled me to the car and apparently gave me some saltine crackers because Luke said I fell asleep with my mouth open and an unchewed cracker in my mouth:) I came home and slept for most of the day. My whole chest was wrapped tight in an ace bandage and I woke up sporting some very unsexy crotchless compression undergarment. It goes from my calves to my chest! When they placed the implants they also did some fat grafting. They do liposuction to an area of your body and then take that fat and place it at the top of the boobs where your chest meets them. It makes a more natural look. Originally my plastic surgeon said they would take it from my 'love handles'. that is the usual place I guess. But when I woke up she had taken it from my outer thighs. I'm not sure if it was enough to make a noticeable difference, but I was happy for any kind of fat removal on my thighs! Overall this surgery has been way easier to recover from than my Double Mastectomy. No drain tubes and I have a lot more use of my arms this time. We have had friends bring us dinner every night this week which has been amazing. Luke stayed home with me until Today but I haven't really needed that much help. It feels good to have those horrible expanders out and I can already feel a difference. I got these Roses from Luke's parents. 
The day I had surgery, my friend that made me the breast wishes cake made a butt cake for one of our dr's. He had to have a colonoscopy this week so she sent me a pic. I replied to her text and went to bed. The next morning I was going through my text messages and realized that when I replied to her It didn't make any sense! The cake was pretty funny too!

I am off from work for another week and a half. I go back on December 3rd. Now I am just trying to rest and heal. Last night Landon hung out with me in the basement (we have comfy recliner couches there) and he worked on some football plays for the beavers. Luke is taking the kids to the WSU/OSU game this Saturday and Landon is very excited. He told me that he is going to give his playbook to the Quarterback of the beavers team:)
We will be spending Thanksgiving up at the condo. Luke is going to work on it a little more and we will try and visit some friends we haven't seen in a while. It feels good to be done with surgery and on the mend.

No comments: