Monday, December 2, 2019

Recovery, OSU game and Thanksgiving.

The week of my surgery we had a meal train that my friend set up for us. The food was amazing. After a week of comfort food and Thanksgiving I think my compression pants are a little more compressed;)
 I had some friends visit me last weekend. One friend gave me a gift card to Victoria's Secret.
 And...a bell to ring:)
 Saturday Luke took the kids to the WSU/OSU game. Landon  had made his play book for the QB of the Beavers and was excited to give it to him. Luke saw that the team bus was still at the Hotel in Moscow on the way to the game. They drove into the parking lot and there was the QB of the Beavers sitting on the front steps! So Landon got to give him his play book! He was so excited.
 Landon brought his friend Chase.
 It was very cold.
 The Beavers lost by 1 point and Landon was very sad...but, all in all, a fun time was had.
 We had planned to have thanksgiving at the mountain, but there was a ton of wind and the power went out at the condo. (Luke received a call from the internet people on the mountain letting us know that the power was out.) So we decided to just stay home.
 I felt good enough to drive last week so I drove myself to get a haircut. I'm trying to grow out the top...It still gives me a small pit in my stomach to have my hair cut...I have some PTSD from shaving my head earlier in the year.
 She straightened it, which made it seem way longer.
 I was able to go to Josie's volleyball game last week too!
 Thanksgiving morning the kids made our traditional cinnamon and orange roll breakfast.

 Luke made a prime rib
 I played Monopoly with the kids...Josie brought in Oliver the cat to hang with us.
 We opened a bottle of Luke's Hudson Bay wine with Landon's Label on it.

 My friend Crystal joined us for thanksgiving. Her son was with her ex husband and she had no place to go for thanksgiving.
 cranberry apple stuffing..

 I was sporting my zip up compression pants:) Josie is catching up to me in Height!





 We decorated for Christmas....Our tree is fake so we have to make the house smell like a tree.




 Landon tried to reach the top of the tree with the topper but couldn't do it...
 Josie came to the rescue.

 Sunday we headed up to the condo to bring some stuff up and put together Landon's room. Last week we had new carpet installed so now we don't have blue carpet. Now we just need some wall decor.


 Our friends just bought a place in the Selkirk lodge, which is like a hotel on the mountain. They get to use the pool whenever they want so the kids went swimming. The mountain has no snow, just one run of man made snow so the kids didn't ski, they just swam.
 Josie Landon and Mason.
 Before and After of Landon's room at the condo. The old bunk bed was old and wobbly and not very safe.

I have my post op appointment today and then I go back to work tomorrow. I still am struggling with the same chest/breathing pain that I had with my expanders. I am hoping it gets better with time. I met with my breast surgeon last week and she gave me some muscle relaxers but all they did was make me sleep. Not sure it did anything for my discomfort. Other than that I am feeling pretty good..

No comments: