Landon with Kingsley and his sister Kiah.
Landon's good friend chase got 'dressed up' too! His mom said she had to fight him to wear Jeans:)
Thursday night we went to see Santa and out to dinner. Landon did not dress up:)
We headed up to the mountain Friday afternoon. It was raining in town, but I assured my parents that it would turn to snow when we got up on the mountain. Well, It didn't. It poured rain all night friday and all day on Saturday. The kids didn't ski so we headed into Sandpoint and had Lunch. My friend sent me this picture of one of the groomers that got stuck in the slush of the village.
They had to make a bridge over the 'river' that was flowing through the resort area.
The kids were busy making crafts and playing with friends at an area next door to where we ate lunch so we were able to enjoy a kid free lunch.
we played a lot of games at the condo and hung out inside.
Sunday morning the rain stopped and the kids were able to ski.
more games!
My mom had a picture of Josie and I from 8 or 9 years ago in this exact spot. Josie has grown quite a bit and the indoor carousel building is brand new too.
They redid the pavilion which was pretty cool. It lights up at night.
The kids rode the carousel and we went to a restaurant for drinks and appetizers.
My dad and Landon playing in the living room.
Cooking dinner
Landon insisted on getting Santa an amazon gift card.
Josie wrote a small note too:)
we caught santa in the act!
Josie modeling a robe from my parents.
Grammy Carol put together a cool plaque for Landon with the OSU quarterback picture and his play book he made for him.
we got a new sign for the condo.
Landon got a cool lego set and put it together Christmas morning.
We were very spoiled on Christmas and had a nice morning. We went to see Frozen 2 at the Northern Quest Casino. They have Movie and Dinner where you eat while you watch a show. we had never been. The food and the movie were good!My parents had to leave the morning after Christmas. Landon got a flag football set for christmas so we all went in the back yard and played football.
We then went to Rudy and Carli's house to do our traditional gift exchange. Usually we have a bonfire and the kids go sledding but there was no snow this year. Instead, They played on Lila and Jaxs new Nintendo Switch that they got for Christmas.
On the way up the mountain Josie was talking on her phone while setting up her new computer she got from Luke's parents:)
We all went skiing yesterday, it was snowing and the snow was great. Me and my friend Lisa checked out one of the new chair lifts they installed. I was feeling confident and decided to take a fairly steep run that I have skied quite a bit. It ended up being really icy and I caught an edge and slid backwards halfway down the run. I lost my ski, pole, glove and it scared the heck out of me because I was worried that I would hurt or pull something in my chest...Lisa came behind me and cleaned up my yard sale and helped me get put back together. I was ok, but decided to go relax in the lodge for a while.
Josie skied with her friend Kaia for most of the day.
After skiing the girls made sugar cookies and Landon went over to a friends.
I have been fighting a cold and woke up this morning feeling pretty bad. I decided to just relax in the condo and try to get healthy. I have an app on Josie's phone called life 360. It tracks her and tells me how fast she is driving in a car. It's pretty cool because when she is skiing I can see where she is on the mountain and how fast she is skiing. She joined the freeride program this year. It is still racing, but they don't do gates. Instead they jump off rocks and cornices and do a lot of powder skiing. Today was Josie's first day and she is one of 2 girls in her group. I talked to her at lunch and she said it was really fun. Landon is having fun with his team and will race gates this year. His first race is next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment