Last weekend the weather at the mountain was snowy, windy and the windchill was -27. The whole mountain was shut down other than the bunny hill. We hung out with friends and worked on a puzzle. Joey loves this kind of weather. He sat at the window waiting for his dog friends to come outside and play.
Sunday the weather broke, but it was still windy and freezing. Josie and I went snowshoeing with some friends. Landon hung out with his friend JR at his condo. Here is Josie and her friend Kaia.
Trudging up the hill....
Me and Nicole
Scott, Nicole and myself.
We did some off road snowshoeing...It was fun, we ended up sliding down hillsides and climbing around trees.
We hiked down to a waterfall.
It was all fun and games when we were headed down...but then we had to hike out and it was all uphill. The girls were troopers. I think we hiked around 6 miles!
Last friday they announced that the kids would be out of school for 6 weeks but wanted them to come back on Monday to gather all their things. Landon and Luke had worked hard on his science project and Landon was pretty bummed that he didn't get to present it. It was a diorama depicting the southwest region.
I went to work on Tuesday not sure of how the day would go due to the Covid-19 situation. We work so close to peoples mouths and deal with air droplets from our ultrasonic scalers. I was not expecting many patients. But, low and behold, I had a full schedule! In the morning when I got to work our bosses decided that it would be in our best interest to shut down other than for emergencies. before we shut down, I kind of felt like this.
Tuesday afternoon I took the kids up to the mountain so we could at least ski and get some exercise. My first day as a homeschooling teacher went well. Landon wasn't too excited about it...but he complied.
Josie is able to log on to her school and get everything she needs from her teachers. Landon was issued a laptop from the school that he can use and do the same thing.
My Barre class has gone online now. It's pretty handy because I can just work out when I want. I started working out Wednesday morning and noticed my whole hand and arm were swollen. I had been having some pain in my right arm all week, but all of a sudden it got really bad. I stopped working out and Luke called to tell me that Wednesday was the last day that Schweitzer Mountain would be open! So me and the kids quickly suited up and went skiing.
It was a beautiful day.
I met up with my friend Melissa.
Landon ditched me to ski with his friend Wyatt.
and Josie ditched me to ski with her friend Halle.
The small outback bowl on the backside took away tables and only left a few for Social Distancing.
We finished the last day of skiing and by the end of it my whole arm was swollen and super painful. I called the Dr. and they wanted to see me. So I packed up and headed home. Josie stayed with her friend Halle while Landon and I went back into town. I went to the dr. today and they told me what I suspected. I have Lymphedema. It is caused from either my surgery or lymph node removal and some things trigger it. I just have to do Physical Therapy and wear a compression sleeve when it starts flaring up. I headed back up to the mountain with Landon after my appointment to enjoy some Mountain quarantine time. I had to laugh at this meme.
Josie's grades ended up being all A's! Hopefully her Homeschooling teacher can help her keep her grades up! Not sure why it says 8 missing assignments...
Josie did homework and then did some Home EC classes at her friends house. She even had to sweep and mop the floors:)
When Landon and I got back to the mountain we went out for a walk with Walter. Joey stayed home with Luke. We took Walter to the bunny hill to play in the snow.
Snow angels in the Corduroy groomers.
We will probably hang up here for a few days....Landon brought home his compliment party paper and his friend Kiah wrote...There is no one else like you:)
For now I am off work until April 6th. I was supposed to be having a hysterectomy on April 23rd. My cancer was hormone fueled and my hormone blockers can cause uterine cancer so My dr. recommended having a hysterectomy. Due to it being an 'elective' surgery it has been cancelled and no reschedule date at this time. The swelling in my hand and arm is going down but it still hurts pretty bad. At least I don't have to work right now and have time to rest it.
No comments:
Post a Comment