Thursday, March 26, 2020

Week One of Homeschool....

I had some blood work done when I was at the dr. last week. The result showed that my white blood cells are still a little low. The dr. said that is normal for a year or 2 after chemo and that they were not dangerously low but she would recommend that I 'stay isolated' during this whole covid outbreak. I decided that I would just stay up on the mountain with the kids and that way they wouldn't be tempted by the neighbor kids knocking on the door wanting to play. The kids were happy to stay up on the mountain, it's pretty quiet but nice.

 Last Monday we got word that the governor shut down all non essential procedures for dental offices until May 18th. So I am officially out of work until then.  I have applied for unemployment and have already gotten a check, which was really quick. My boss sent our office this text.
 Landon wrote me a tardy slip on his first day of 'real homeschool'.
 We are trying to come up with a routine but the easiest thing to do is go play outside. So we have been doing a lot of that.
The kids can't ski down the runs...so they just slid down.
 We went hiking on the nordic ski trails. We ended up hiking about 5 miles.





 Landon's feet are too small for his boots, so by mile 4 or so he could barely walk. Josie drug him with Walter's leash for a little bit.
 and then gave him a piggy back ride.
 She really does love him.
I am finding joy in all the covid-19 memes...
Sunday Luke drove up and brought us food and went on a hike with us. Joey has been staying with Luke and Walter has been staying with us. Joey was super excited to go run and play in the snow.




 Walter thinks he is a mountain dog. He loves running and playing in the snow. His paws get pretty sore, but loves going.
 Josie borrowed our neighbors old sewing machine and got crafty.
 She made hair scrunchies.

 I'm a little worried about my hair during these times.... This made me laugh.
 We have buckled down with home schooling....It's getting better every day.
 Until it didn't go so well and I completely gave up on parenting all together...

 My friend started teaching Zumba online now so I have been doing zumba and my barre classes which is really nice. I don't think I have worn make up or gotten dressed in a real outfit in a week:) Landon said it was nice to not have to do his hair:)
Luke's work is still considered 'essential'. Some job sites are not, but for the most part he is still busy. 


We met our friends and went hiking on Tuesday. While waiting for them in the car it was snowing and melting on the sunroof so I took a picture.
 Campbell, Josie, Landon and Halle.
 We hiked down to the waterfall. Josie packed a backpack with snacks...
Me and Melissa.
 The kids stopped to rest in a tree well.

 We have had some more snow which has made things a little brighter.
 I took the kids sledding yesterday and today.

 They were taking their aggression out with a snowball fight.
 Landon started a you tube channel so he was videoing his sledding adventure. Listen at the end and you can here him talking to all of his 'subscribers'. It's pretty cute.



 I took a slo  mo video but it won't save to you tube in slo mo....Landon was getting aggressive with his sledding.



Josie is supposed to keep a journal of what she is doing every day. She started out strong.
 The second day she didn't write as much...
 and day 3...well...Looks like she was researching what kind of perm she wants:)
 Washington and Idaho are now both on a 'shelter in place' order...It doesn't really effect us up here in any way. I have been calling in my order to walmart in Sandpoint and picking up things I need at the curbside pick up. It's pretty handy!
I watched the Netflix series Tiger King....It is the strangest show...If you have seen it, this meme is pretty funny:) 

Luke is going to come visit us this weekend. The kids are excited to show him their sledding spots. Not too sure how long we will stay up here, but for now we are content.

No comments: