Monday, November 8, 2010

Flying Solo

Today is the first day I am home by myself with two kids!! They are both asleep so I should be napping but Im not one who takes naps, so here I am on the computer instead:) The first week home was better than expected. The first evening home was a little rough. Lack of pain meds(I forgot to take), hormones, and just coming home, all came together at once. I had a bit of a meltdown, but it passed and Landon must have known because he slept for 6 hours straight through the night! Josie had her meltdown around the same time as I. she screamed at all of us and then ran to her room crying....which made mama cry more! Luke's parents had been here taking care of Josie while we were in the hospital (thank you sooo much tom and carol) they even took her trick or treating with luke. My mom came Tuesday night and just left sunday morning. The hardest part was taking care of a 3 year old! Josie has adjusted well and want's to help with everything from bathing him to changing his diaper. she got mad today when I didn't let her wash his belly during bath time. She only got to wash his arms...so she is doing well. A bit defiant but is a mother hen and I love how gentle and caring she is with her brother. It is a lot more work getting two kids ready to go than one. Mom was a big help with that this week. We did some shopping, eating and went to a dr. appt for Landon. Everything has gone by so fast. I am feeling good and getting around pretty well after my c section. Landon has been waking up about every 3 hours in the night, but he eats and then goes back to sleep. Josie for some reason has been sleeping in!?.....I don't know why but I will take it! Hoping it lasts:) I always wondered how you could love another kid as much as the first, but we are definatly in love with this little boy!! Thanks mom for staying with us last week. We are missing our morning coffee and lunch dates and having you around....now Im off to be a mommy all by myself!! Here is Josie when we first brought Landon home....this was before the meltdown:)



Josie actually wanted to pose with baby landon, so this is the best shot I have of the two of them.





5 comments:

Josh and Leslie said...

I wish someone would have warned me that the older kiddo would be WAY.HARDER than the newborn! The first few weeks are pretty rough, but then they relax and life gets much, much better!! He is so adorable...and Josie will be a great helper..just give her some time!!

Anonymous said...

Yay!! You sound so positive which was more than I could say for myself in my first few weeks. Your sweet boy is sooo adorable! Soon you'll get in a groove and things will go much more smoothly. :)

Jen Thorn said...

Sorry I had my phone on silent from all of my dr's appts last week so I missed your call. I am planning on calling on my way home from work tomorrow. We'll catch each other some time before I leave this weekend. Landon looks so alert and what a cutie! I can't wait to meet the little guy. I need to plan a getaway next spring when the weather settles down. Anyways talk to you tomorrow...we need to catch up!

{marie} said...

he looks like my little lukie!!

Amy said...

You'll be so surprised how fast the time passes and how soon enough you'll have two mobile kids and each day is easier than the next. I WAS NOT pumped for my mom to leave after a little over a week with us after Ilsa was born, but once you put your time-management skills to the test you figure out a good schedule for everyone.
Moms can do things like this - it's what we're made for!