Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving

This year we went to Ellensburg for Thanksgiving. We left thursday morning when a big snow storm was rolling in. It took us 2 hours to go what normally takes about a half hour! After 2 hours and some...we did the family of 4 bathroom fire drill at a rest area. I fed Landon while Luke 'watered' sampson. Then Luke did the diaper change while Josie and I went to the bathroom...There is no such thing as a 'quick' stop at the rest area anymore:) 4+ hours later we arrived in Ellensburg...Here is Landon in his thanksgiving outfit..

And his Bum....



My parents had snow too, so my dad bought josie a sled and hooked it up to the three wheeler and gave her a ride...she loved it:)


Saturday was sunny and not snowing so we went up in the hills by my parents house to go shooting and let josie sled. She was quite the daredevil with her sled and had a lot of fun:) We made a campfire and with the sun it was actually pretty warm...considering it had been below zero recently.

Luke was teaching her how to shoot his 22 rifle...and yes...she says' I never touch guns without asking daddy first'...



Luke and dad shooting clay's

Josie and grandpa sledding....


Here is a picture of Mom and Dad...I did get a pretty decent family picture of us, but may use it as our x mas card, so Im not going to post it yet...


Landon slept the whole time in the truck...we took him out for a little while to hang out with the fam...

Here is a video I took of josie sledding...she is hooked.

Josie sledding from April Buoy on Vimeo.



When we got home this afternoon, Spokane had quite the snow storm when we were gone. One of our neighbors plowed out our long driveway but it snowed about 7 inches on top of it after he plowed...we will hopefully borrow his tractor to plow our driveway out again soon...looks like more snow is coming in a couple of days...at least Im not working now so Im not worried about having to make it to work:)...


I posted this picture on Facebook last week because it was -7 outside and this was how pretty it looked from our couch:)

1 comment:

Superman's Mommy said...

CUTE!! I need another Landon fix! He has already grown!