Sunday, June 23, 2013

Our Wenatchee Visit

My friend Jane and her daughter live in Wenatchee. We try to visit every once in a while. Josie and Jayna are 2 weeks apart. Saturday we went to the new Public Market. It was the grand opening and a pretty cool place.

We stopped on the way home and bought a bunch of fresh picked cherries.

Saturday night Jane had a wedding to attend. It was a lesbian couple that jane has been friends with since high school. The women were married 11 years ago, had 2 children and now, because it is now legal in washington, they had a renewal of vows. This was our first lesbian wedding and josie only had one question...'why is a girl marrying a girl?'....I said because they love each other...and she said...OH, ok:)


The wedding was at Rocky Reach Dam. Here are josie and myself.

 Janya, Jane, me and Josie.

I found a new photo app and so I was playing around with it.
Sunday we decided to go for a bike ride. Jane is training for Iron Man 2014 so she had to ride her bike for 2 hours. The girls and I didn't ride that long...more like 20 minutes. I had to laugh because here I was with my 'hybrid' bike, mom shorts and the burley...for snacks and water....and then jane comes out on her fancy triathalete bike and her full on bike gear.....we were the exact opposite!


 Here are Jane and Jayna....Jane is an amazing athlete and does Ultra marathons. she has ran across costa rica, argentina and did a 75K race in africa. she amazes me with her fitness and inspires me to try and do something productive with my life:)....Now I just have to figure out what that productivity is:)
 sooo, after our 20 minute bike ride...the girls were whiny and hot....we decided to head to the pool. Jane has a pool in the gated community that she lives in so I relaxed while they played.


Jane will leave for africa in august with jayna to live for 3 months and teach in one of the schools there. We probably won't see them until they get back....thanks for the great weekend Jane and Jayna and good luck in Africa!!

No comments: