Tuesday, September 3, 2013

First day of 1st grade and Labor day weekend

Josie started school last Wednesday. She is now is in 1st grade. She seems to like it and was very excited to see all her friends from last year. The first day she changed her outfit 3 times and her shoes twice.
I drove her to school on the first day and took pics of her in her new class room. Her teacher is mrs. cochraine.
Her teacher is the one in the red shirt.
 
Landon was excited to go to school with his sister. He asks about her when she is gone. He gave her a big hug and a kiss when we left her class and off we went.


Josie has a confusing schedule for school this year. Mondays and Fridays are normal because I have those days off. Tuesdays and Thursdays Luke will either put her on the bus in the morning or she will go to carli's house (next door) and go to school with Lila. Lila is in preschool now. Tuesdays -Wednesdays Josie rides the school bus and gets off at my friend robin's house. and Wednesdays I can get her on the bus here. So far she has remembered when and where to get off the bus. She hasn't lost anything until today. Today she came home with someone Else's backpack! So Im assuming her backpack will come home tomorrow? Here is Josie and Lila on the first day that lila went to school Josie was very excited to show lila around 'her' school.

This weekend we headed up to the lake with my parents for a day. It was really hot and we enjoyed our last weekend at the lake for a while. Here is landon hanging out with his chips.
Walter got stung by a bee in his lip. I tried to get a picture of him, but it didn't turn out. his whole lip swelled up. The bee's have been really bad this year. Luke got stung 3 times on Saturday while mowing the lawn.

 
 Monday we went for a bike ride. The weather was warm but it started to rain pretty hard while we were riding. Landon rode in the burley with Walter.

 We stopped along the way for some photo's.





 walter on the ride home.
We had a good weekend and did a little bit of everything. My eye is getting better and I don't look so scary anymore:)
About 3 months ago I heard that cabelas was releasing a bunch of fish in local lakes. Some of them were tagged with dollar amounts and one was worth 1 million dollars. I wanted to see which lakes the fish were released in but you had to register with your email first. So I registered and forgot about it. Last month I got an email saying I was a 'second chance' winner and I won a $100 gift card! I thought it was a scam, but I sent them the paper they wanted me to fill out and low and behold I got my gift card in the mail last week!!


1 comment:

Maierhof said...

Super cool! Yes, they do the fish tagging every year and give away awesome prizes like new trucks, money and gift cards.