Memorial Day weekend Luke's parents came up to spend the weekend with us. Our friends invited us to their property on the st. joe river, in st maries idaho. My friend's brother was racing one of the boats. They are jet powered and go over 100 miles an hour. Here is one of the boats.
The kids were practicing their fishing skills on the river.
Josie's friend isabel...they are in the same class at school and played on the same basketball team.
Lately landon loves posing silly in all his photos...He is quite the ham.
One of the boats broke down right in front of us, so it was a cool opportunity to see the boat up close.This was the orange 'beaver boat'...according to josie and landon.
A random family photo. Everyone was smiling and looking at the camera!!
Luke took Josie for a ride on the 4 wheeler....nevermind that they are in flip flops and my husband is not wearing a helmet....
The next day Carol took Josie and I to have our nails done. Josie was very excited.
Josie's toes.
I should have taken a before and after photo, but my right big toenail has been removed several times...twice by a dr. and a couple times on accident. The toenail never grows back normal and I have been wearing a bandaid over my toe, just to hide the way it looks. Well, when we had our nails done I asked if they could put a fake nail on my toe and they said yes! So I now have an acrylic big toe nail on my toe!! It puts all my other nails to shame...Nevermind my ugly toes and dry feet in this picture...but do admire my Right Big Toenail.
We stopped and got an Ice Cream cake from DQ and celebrated josie's B day a little early.
josie and her 'crazy' smile.
Josie was posing with one of her gifts from tom and carol....I was laughing at her brother totally photo bombing her picture in the background.
Josie had school on her real b day, but was excited to wear a new outfit from tom and carol. I still can't believe I have a 7 year old!
Luke's friend Jason came with his son Tyler....Here are the kids enjoying free popcorn.
The spokane shock Fox....I was surprised landon wasn't scared. He was terrified of the easter bunny, but Loved the fox!
Saturday we went to Skyfest. Fairchild Airforce Base puts on a huge airshow. It is free to the public, which is pretty cool. The kids had fun going on some of the airplanes/helicopters. At first Landon was scared to go on the plane because he thought it was a 'fighter jet' and was worried we were going to take off and go 'super fast'...Once he realized we were just looking, he calmed down. Here is josie, as always, posing:)
There were about 125,000 people there on saturday, according to the news. Sooo we waited in a lot of lines and Paid 5 bucks for a snowcone, but it was worth it. Here is landon passing the time waiting in line.
Landon being 'landon' and josie 'posing' on the helicopter.
Our favorite part was the Thunderbirds. They were really loud and 'super fast' as landon would say. Here is landon waiting in his chair for the jets to fly over.
It took us 2 hours to get home from the airshow, which normally take 35 minutes due to all the traffic! On to Sunday....I decided to have Josie's birthday party with her friends at the Jump in Bounce. We invited around 19 kids thinking some wouldn't show up...but they all did...and some brought siblings, so we had 21 kids at the party! Josie had so much fun and I was glad to not have it at my house like I did last year! Here are Josie and her friend Josie....
They had a huge chair for the birthday girl to sit in...with all her presents!
I was not the greatest photographer at the party, but captured a shot of Josie and Lila.
We ordered 3 large pizza's, I made cakeballs and made a cake....After was all said and done. NONE of it was left!
Josie and her Gifts..... that's when the chaos began!
Josie got a bag of money from one party-goer!
Josie was being swarmed by all the her party friends. She was handing over her birthday girl pin
I would say her Party was a success. We spent the afternoon going through all her gifts and now the task of writing all the thank you cards! Happy Birthday Josie!!





1 comment:
OKay, I totally laughed out loud on the Landon photobomb! Ha! They will be loving that photo when they get older!
Post a Comment