Josie having a lesson.
Landon snuggling with Dolly.
Josie and her friend/trainer Lexi.
Landon always gets to ride at the end of each lesson, but he only wants Lexi to lead him:)
Josie has been into writing songs lately...Here is one of her latest:)
and then she wrote this note....I love that I am an exception to the rules.
This is how landon fell asleep the other night. He has been wanting to sleep in his chair.
Friday evening we drove to Ellensburg to my parents house. Landon fell asleep on Walter on the way there.
We left the kids with my parents on saturday and headed to luke's company golf tournament. It was at the Mt. SI golf course.
My friend Crystal works for Luke's Company in seattle and was in charge of organizing the event. It was great to get to see her and hang out.
During the tournament one of the teams accidentally rolled their golf cart! The paramedics came and had to haul both of them to the hospital. I think they are going to be alright, but they destroyed the golf cart!
Mt SI.
Luke's team tied for second place. they had to do a dance off. Luke danced his heart out...but they decided to award the team who had the lowest 'dance score' the 2nd place slot. Luke still won a gift card and was able to pick off of the raffle table. He chose a seahawks back pack for Landon because we knew he would be Super excited....When luke gave it to him he just said 'I already have a back pack dad'.....oh well, He still loves it and if he doesn't want to use it, we will:) Luke also got a $100 gift card to Lowes.
By the time my raffle ticket number was picked the table was a little sparce:)...I came home with 2 bottles of Aveeno Lotion!...which I totally needed.
meanwhile...back in Ellensburg. My parents and the kids went to the saturday market, rode bikes, went for frozen yogurt and hit up Kittitas Hay days where they have Burnout Competitions!
Josie found a huge mushroom..
balloons at the street fair.
And...my dad, running out of gas:)
I have never been to the Kittitas Hay Days....but my parents sent this video of a burnout run..The kids thought it was pretty cool.
Luke and I stayed at a hotel that night and then we met my parents and Crystal and her boyfriend Tobias at the NHRA races. Luke and I arrived a little early and walked around all the trailers with the racers and cars. I got to have my picture taken with Courtney Force! I think Luke might have been a little jealous. We used to watch their reality show on TV, it was all about her dad, John Force and his family. He has 3 daughters and they all race.
Our seats were right at the starting line.
The Cars are loud...very loud. In fact I don't think I have ever been around anything that loud ever. When they take off from the starting line your whole body shakes and if your not wearing ear plugs I think your eardrums may rupture! Josie was not too impressed. After about 2 runs she asked to get some food and was wondering when 'half time' was...
She then huddled into a ball on the bleachers and began pouting:) real enjoyable:)
Landon on the other hand Loved it!!
the kids each got race cars...
Family Shot in the bleachers.
Here is a video of a funny car race. They go over 300mph in a quarter mile!
Josie decided that she wanted a Girl signature. The winner of the day was a girl named Annie. So we went to her trailer. Well, she wasn't there because she was giving interviews..But her crew invited josie in for cookies:) Luke and Landon were invited in too..Josie wanted to go back for seconds but we told her no....The look on her face in this picture sum's up her attitude for most of the day! I think she is turning into a teenager already!
We headed out to the parking lot but decided it was pointless to get in our cars and try to leave, so we put out a blanket and made friends with some people in the parking lot, who shared their beer with us:) After we finally left the parking lot over an hour and a half later, we hit up red robin with 4 exhausted adults and 2 whiny grumpy kids:)
We were going to drive back to spokane that night, but we were all so tired we just drove back to Ellensburg and spent the night instead. Even though there were a few moments of kid meltdowns and bad attitudes, we still had a blast. And my dad did remind me that someday I will miss these times with my kids, so even though they are not always 'perfect' we should enjoy every moment:)
No comments:
Post a Comment