Monday, August 17, 2015

more smoke, fishing and no kids....

This made me laugh...because it always happens to me! I swear everytime I take a picture it says my storage is full!! It think my music is taking up too much space on my phone so I need to figure out how to take it off of my I tunes.
Last Friday there was a huge dust storm that came through the area. It caused a bunch of accidents and shut down the freeway for a while.

a friend of mine posted this picture looking out his truck on the freeway. It was completely stopped for over an hour due to the lack of visibility.

Saturday we headed up to the lake. It was cool enough to try some fishing....

Josie caught a walleye but it was too small to keep.
All day we watched a fire on the hill. There were airplanes dropping water on it but I don't think it did much good. by the evening you could see the flames from my parents property. We woke up sunday morning to thick smoke and you could barely breathe. Another nice hot day ruined by smoke! so sad how many fires are happening right now!

Our travel trailer is nothing fancy...but it is paid for and works as a great 'home away from home' while we are at the lake. when we were there this weekend the inverter went out, so we decided to pull it home and fix it. Well, on the way home the whole lower panel of the front blew out and insulation went flying!
Now we have some more updating to do!...
Our babysitter carli is on vacation this week so the kids are spending the week in Ellensburg with my parents. My dad has been keeping me updated with photos...here is josie eating a Popsicle riding norman.....
They went shopping this morning...and my dad sent me a text with this picture of landon....
Apparently Landon is concerned with Jaxs, Carli's 1 year old, Pooping his pants in his room while he is at our house and needed an Airwick freshener! ha ha..
Today I had a whole day with no kids! I miss them a lot but it has been so nice to have a little break from being a mom. I had a massage, went shopping and have started cleaning out some of the kid's stuff that would be impossible if they were here! We get them back on friday and Josie has a soccer tournament Saturday:)

No comments: