Monday, August 31, 2015

Silverwood and more.....

The smoke hung around all week. It seemed like this was the new normal. Every morning we would wake up to thick campfire haze.
Landon has been having meltdown's more than normal lately...I took this picture of him in the car after a tragic trip to the grocery store. Unfortunately albertsons didn't have the kind of sticker he wanted...and he was not pleased...so I took the sticker from him and asked him to say sorry for being so rude.....but this one is a bit on the stubborn side, so this was the result.
Wednesday the kids were invited to a party at chuck E Cheese. I had to work so Luke took them. Luke sent me this photo. Apparently Chuck E Cheese is very scary. Landon was terrified!
Josie was invited to Silverwood on Thursday. It was a big group of friends, I think over 15 kids. They left the house at 8 in the morning and didn't come home until after 11 at night!
Kris, the mom that took Josie, sent me photo's all throughout the day. Here are some of the kids:)
We went to Silverwood earlier in the summer. Josie loves the log ride. But Kris sent me this picture and said 'josie said she is not ready to get wet yet'. That's my girl...so she waited with kris at the end of the ride for her friends to go on the log ride.
Kris took her on the Ferris wheel instead.
The weather heated up and they headed for the water park. Here is Josie and her friend Rowan...eating Ice Cream:)
By late afternoon I recieved a text that Josie went on Tremors....The huge wooden rollercoaster that even goes underground! And the result was that she loved it! I knew she had some guts inside that little body of hers.
 The group kept growing. I guess there were a bunch of families from freeman at silverwood that day and so they all just hung out.
By evening I think the kids and the parents were delirious:) Emma, Emily and Josie...in line for another ride. I think I got this picture at 8:30 at night!
I was a nervous wreck all day. The mom in me was stressing out about Josie being at a theme/water park without me! All day I was worried if she was having fun, being safe, feeling left out or included, behaving well for the parents that took her....I was relieved when she came home safe and realized that she is getting older and she is a good kid and I need to calm down a little:) When she got home, the parents that took her told me that she was a Joy to have and they would take her anytime.....I saw this the other day and thought it described me perfectly:)
I also thought this was funny...random, but funny..

Friday Josie had her braces put on. She was not too excited, but when she realized she could have pink bands, it made it way more cool!...and her friend Annie has the same color.


Grandpa Tom and Grandma Carol sent the kids back to school packages from Nike!! The kids loved them!
School starts on Wednesday. Landon will start preschool and Josie will be in 3rd grade! Landon will go monday, wednesday and every other friday. He is very excited! And...in true Landon style, he hit his forehead on the fireplace mantle yesterday. Luke sent me this picture of him with ice on his head!

Landon has been making beds on his floor again. Last night I went to check on him and he was in a weird position....
I placed his head back on his pillow...then noticed he was wearing his sisters old slippers...

Tonight is the open house at the school where the kids find out who their teacher is and have ice cream. The weather has changed and we finally had some rain this weekend. The smoke has lifted and it almost feels like fall!

No comments: