Sunday, May 22, 2016

Rainy Birthday weekend...and some kittens.

Landon is still enjoying T-ball.




Saturday we went to a Ranch that was having an 'open house'. We had been there a while ago when my mom was here to see if it could be a potential for boarding her horses. They had a petting area that the kids loved.



 They had carriage rides...

While enjoying the ranch, we stumbled upon some free kittens....Luke and I have always been anti-cat people, but they were super cute and we agreed with the kids that they would be OUTSIDE ONLY cats!! We pick them up in 2 weeks.



 Today we had a birthday party for Josie. I planned to have it at the local park....and we woke up to this!

The party started at 11am....The weather was pouring rain until about 10:55.....Josie brought some garbage bags to use as 'bags'...from the weather. Here is lila at the party.


Two of the mom's stayed to help!
Luke made a fire in the fire pit and cooked burgers on the grills.
I made up a scavenger hunt for the kids to find stuff....
No one found a lady Bug but apparently there was an abundance of snails!
After the scavenger hunt I had the girls decorate cups and plant flowers in them to take home.



I only took pictures with my nice camera.. the last few times I have used it for some reason it is not working properly. It freezes up and the pictures are not super clear..We took it to a Camera shop but it was going to be a lot of money to have it fixed so I thought I could just trouble shoot it. Well, Most of the pictures I took at the party were not totally focused and I was kicking myself afterwards that I should have just used my phone! Oh well, I tried to get a picture of Josie with most of her guests. Josie and Emma...Josie asked for arts and craft things:)
Josie and Lexie
Josie and Lakyn
Josie and Brooke
Josie and Josie
Josie and Rowan
Landon...being Landon...

These were the flower pot crafts I had the kids make.

Josie and Annie
The Whole crew, minus Eden, who had church and showed up at the very end!

Josie decided that she didn't want cake...She wanted doughnuts.
Josie and Isabel
Josie and Eden.
Landon and Annie's little sister, Janie
 
Josie and Isabel


The party turned out to be a great time. Even though it was cold and rainy I think the girls all had a great time.

2 comments:

Amy said...

oh, the kittens! they are such good pets, especially the outdoor kind that catch rodents :) What did the kids name them?
ps - love the flower pot bday craft. i'm stealing that for Freya next year!

The Buoy Family said...

Landon named his toothless;).. Which I recently realized is a character on how to train your dragon. Josie named hers cappachino! The flower pot idea was a hit and I figured it was something they could all take home other than a bag full of candy;)