Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Last week carli was on vacation so my friend Lisa watched the kids for me. She took them to the water park and for ice cream. they had a great time.



Landon has been doing really well with his swimming and has gone all summer swimming without his life jacket. He goes to swimming lessons every monday. They are private lessons and it is the same place that Josie learned how to swim. They are a little pricey, but I am really glad we spent the extra money for good lessons because now both the kids are great swimmers. Which is comforting when we are around the water. I took a video of his lesson last week.
We didn't have any plans this weekend so I embarked on a project. We got this hutch from Luke's mom.It has been sitting in our garage for a while, so I got crafty and spruced it up.
First I spray painted it with primer
Next....I spray painted it with a reddish colored paint. We have red leather couches in our basement so I picked red to match the couches. I found this cool spray handle for spray painting. It really saved my finger:)
After I painted it with red spray paint I used a glaze with black paint. you mix the black paint with the glaze and then paint it on with a sponge brush. then you wipe it off and it sticks into the cracks and grooves.

Landon even helped...in his underwear...because it was hot, and we live in the country:)

 The final product..

Saturday night luke told the kids he would camp with them in the back yard. The kids let me stay in the tent for a while and we played games...then the kids kicked me out and said they just wanted to camp with daddy...Which I was perfectly ok with because I got to go into the house and have some quiet time:)


Sunday we were all feeling a little under the weather. Everyone except Landon has had a cough and has been run down for over a week. The weather was Hot and we had nothing planned....so we went to a movie. Being in a movie theater instead of enjoying the outside on a nice day seemed wrong, but we had the whole movie theater to ourselves and scored the one with super comfy recliners. We took the kids to see the secret life of pets in 3D. The movie was mediocre but we had a fun time with the kids.
Josie had an appointment with the kids dentist on monday. They took new x rays and said that her lower tooth looks great....The x ray on her front tooth looks like she may have a fracture of the root way up underneath the gums. So, now we go to the endodontist (a root canal specialist) to see if the root is going to be ok. If the root is fractured, it means that the long term prognosis is poor and she will have to eventually extract the tooth and place an implant. But they don't place implants until you are at least 18 years old....So, we shall see what the specialist says....Josie is still going to golf every monday and her coach has been very impressed with her skills and knowledge. She might test up to the next level at the end of summer. She has been so brave.
Today my boss of almost 11 years let us know that she sold the practice to a doctor from colorado and that her last day at our office will be this thursday and the new doc will start on Tuesday next week. I think we are all still in shock, somewhat hurt that she didn't tell us sooner and scared that he may not want to keep us. She has assured us that after she 'fires us' on thursday that the new guy will re hire us on tuesday. My boss has family that is sick and she wants to be closer to them so she is moving to Walla Walla and starting a new chapter. I am hopeful that our office will be fine, and even more hopeful that he will keep me as his hygienist!

1 comment:

Amy said...

that hutch is awesome! I want to be that crafty with furniture but haven't found anything to "upcycle" quite yet.
Good luck on your old/new job - I'll be thinking of you!