Thursday, June 1, 2017

Josie Turns 10 and some camping.....

We spent Memorial Day weekend at Priest Lake. Priest lake is in northern Idaho, we had camped there before a long time ago. We sold our travel trailer and then never got a new one....so after 10 years of 'non tent camping'...we tent camped:) We had a wall tent, which is big and you can walk around in it.
 Friday evening after we set up camp we went to a bonfire at a 'friend of a friends' cabin on the lake. In Idaho you can drive your side by side anywhere, so we drove our razors to the bonfire.

Saturday was Josie's Birthday. We woke up somewhat early and went for a walk on the beach.
 We all went to the town of Coolin, where they had a parade and different activities. We hung out at another friends condo where they had paddle boards and a beach.

We watched the parade and all the kids got candy. Here is Landon and Josie with Janie and Annie.



After the parade we went back to camp and hung out at the beach. I took Josie and her friend Alex for Ice Cream at the camp store.
We had a fun afternoon playing in the sun.

 This is Lila's Cousin Charlie...She is the same age as Landon..I think they are 1 month apart:)
 Carli was dancing around on the beach when I snapped this pic:)
 Josie and Alex.
 Landon and Jaxs.

That night we had a joint birthday party with our friends Josh and Holly's daughter Alaina. she turned 5 a couple days after Josie's b day.




 Josie and Mallory.


 Josie and Alaina.
Sunday the weather was in the upper 80's. Landon and I went on an adventure in the morning. The campground had a bunch of random areas, so we explored a bunch of them.
 Here is our camp spot at night....
 The kids slept on the ground....we had an airbed:) After 3 nights in a tent we realized that tent camping sucks...the worst part was packing up on Monday. All our friends put all of their stuff in their trailers and left. We spent 2 hours packing up all our tent stuff in 80 degree weather....The kids loved it, so I guess that makes it all worth it.
 After Landon and I went on our adventure they went motorcycle riding with Rudy and Josh and Lila came too. It was the first time they got to ride on a real trail with rocks, sticks, big hills and obstacles...we followed in the razor. It started out great!

We made it up a little over a mile maybe and all the kids kept falling. There were some pretty big boulders and hills. Landon's bike tires are so small he was having a tough time maneuvering. Josie fell and broke her front brake lever and Landon finally decided he was done...So, we turned around and went back to camp. Veda was made into a mermaid...



 Our friend Josh randomly rented a boat on sunday. They ran into the little town of Coolin and rented it. The owner of the rental shop let him take it for the day and said to just mail him a check next week! So weird...It came with a tube so all the kids went tubing:)
 The mom's got to take the boat to a local resort called Elkins...The area is famous for Huckleberries. It has been a tradition to get a Huckleberry Daiquiri whenever we are at Priest Lake. Although, I forgot that one drink is $14.00!! They are very proud of their drinks.
 There is still snow on the hills around the lake, this picture doesn't show it very well, but it is really pretty there.


 Sunday night we went for a short razor ride in the hills...It was still pretty hot and really dusty!


 While cooling off in the lake, I noticed my toenail felt weird. I looked down and the whole nail was lifted. It is my nail that only grows halfway so I get a fake nail put on every spring. Usually it lasts until winter....but not this time. It took the whole nail with it! I soaked it when I got home and now I am without a toenail...bummer.
 Landon had his first baseball game last night. He is #3...one of the smallest kids on the team:) He likes it but it is pretty boring to watch. Landon only got to bat twice and never did hit the ball..
 His friend Rebel and his brother barrett are on his team.

Meanwhile...back at home the kids still love their motorcycles....Here is a video of Landon, Lila and Josie...Landon of course leading the way.

No comments: