Monday, October 9, 2017

Girls getaway...

This weekend I went to Suncadia in Cle Elum to meet my friend Jen. Jen and I were roommates in Hygiene school and roommates in Portland after school. We usually get together once a year, but last year we were not able to get together, so we had 2 years of catching up to do. Suncadia is a beautiful resort. It is a lot like SunRiver. This was the view from the main lodge. Jen and I spent quite a few hours drinking coffee, talking and enjoying this view.

 Saturday was a little rainy and windy. We wanted to go for a hike so we headed out. From the lodge there is a stairway that is 1000 steps. It takes you down to the river and to a cool trail.






 this is looking up at the lodge from across the river.





 It was a little cold....




 Saturday we went to the spa and had massages. They have a cool outdoor spa and sauna.

 we went to the spa in the morning and then spent the day hiking and went to lunch. We had access to  the spa amenities all day, so we went back that night. It was pouring rain and windy, but it was cool to sit outside in the hot tub in the rain.
It was such a fun weekend. Love you Jen!! ( I know your one of the few people who read this) LOL.
Meanwhile....at home. Luke had access to a free machine to make Landon a motocross track. When I left on Friday he was busy digging and planning.
Carli was gone all weekend too for a girls weekend, so Rudy and Luke were single dads this weekend. Rudy is doing a remodel on his house so Luke spent the weekend making a motocross track and helping Rudy with the remodel while the kids played. When I got home it was complete. Luke even put hay bales in front of the well head so he wont hit it:)..That was a mom request.
 It's hard to see the actual track because all the fields are turned over so it's all dark. It's pretty big with several jumps, turns and a 'whoop' section...(that's a bunch of small rollers in a row).
 Landon was so excited.







 He is getting used to the new track. I took a video of him trying it out for the first time.

when he had to put his motorcycle away he got his old glide bike and rode it on the track. He said in the winter it will be fun to sled on too. So this should provide year round entertainment for him. Josie is not a huge fan of the track. She gave it a try, but said she likes flat track better. I think she will get used to it once she rides it more.


 Toothless, our cat was trying to sit with me on the swing set last night but couldn't get to me:)


Back to the grind this week. I had some blood work done at my annual dr. appointment a couple of weeks ago and they said I tested positive for an Auto Immune disease. They said that it is not Arthritis, but they need to investigate further to see what I have. There are a ton of Auto Immune diseases, so who knows what I have. Or, it could be a false positive?! So I have an appointment on Friday to consult with a Specialist who will tell me what to do next. I also have to have a pre cancerous spot removed off of my nose on Friday as well. Should be a fun Friday:) It's so great getting old.

No comments: